Poll: One in Eight American Adults Current Marijuana Users
- A new Gallup poll finds that over one in eight American adults are current marijuana users. 13% report being current marijuana users, up from 7% in 2013.
- A group backing Missouri medical marijuana says it doesn’t have enough valid signatures but will go to court to get a proposed constitutional amendment on November’s ballot.
- Federal prosecutors have agreed to dismiss a small-time marijuana case against an Oregon teenager following an outcry that got the attention of the state’s congressional delegation.
- Lost in all the hullaballoo over the WikiLeaks revelations of Democratic National Committee favoritism for Hillary Clinton is email evidence that the alcohol industry is actively working to fund junk science on marijuana and driving.
- Despite pledging to reduce low-level marijuana arrests while campaigning, there has been yet another increase in New York City marijuana arrests under Mayor Bill de Blasio.